Sunday, May 02, 2010

Simply thimbles (Olly, United Kingdom)

I am in Cornwall on the west coast of the UK. I have been collecting thimbles for just a little over 3 years. I also have a blog Simply Thimbles. I started the blog in 2009 hoping to find like minded people who also collect thimbles.


My collection started with a little brown bear. He was the first thimble I ever bought as he was just so cute. 

I have around 300 thimbles now. Some are bone china, some are silver and some are plastic. Most of them I have purchased myself, a few have been given to me. I also have a couple of rusty ones which look awful but I could never part with as they were my mothers.


Thank you for the invitation. I hope that there are more people joining soon as it is really good to hear from other thimble collectors and to see the lovely examples from other parts of the world.

Olly

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com